The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Employee communication on electronic W-2's

Does anyone have an example of the wording they use to communicate to employees about W-2's being available on line (this will be our first year) that they would be willing to share with me? I would really appreciate it - my boss tends to re-write everything I write anyway but if I can at least give her something to start with that sounds good maybe it won't get as many red pen corrections.... :oops:

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Here's what I emailed out a couple years ago when we started ours:

[Company] is happy to offer a new service from our payroll provider this year. It is called SeeMyW2 and allows you to login and get your W-2 information. 2008 W-2s are now available in SeeMyW2. Paper copies will still be sent out before the end of the month.

To access SeeMyW2, go to the following website:
    [link]
    (There is also a link to SeeMyW2 on the new Self-Service website.)

To Register, click where it says "If you would like to register based on W2 Documents, click here." This will take you to a page where you will enter your name, SSN and zip code, along with the Company Access Code, which is [Code]

You will then be able to select your username and password. Passwords must be between 7 and 10 characters, contain both letters and numbers plus a special character. Once your account is created, you can log in and view your 2008 W-2. There are also options to transfer the data to participating online tax filing services.

Please let me know if you have any trouble or questions about this new service!
  • Thanks! That will get me started in the right direction...