The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

questions, questions

edited August 2010 in Let off some steam
Why do people print things and then leave them on the printer for hours?

Why do they not put the entire ream of paper in the printer?

When they finally do get down to the bottom of the ream and need put the rest in, why do they leave the wrapping in the table instead of throwing it away?

Comments

• Why would they throw it away when it should be recycled? ;)
  • Actually I don't believe you can recycle the wrappers. They are coated to protect the paper and the ones we say have printed on them not recyclable.
  • Huh, interesting. Ours don't say that.
  • We do get the paper that is wrapped in a plastic type wrapper that is not recyclable, checks are wrapped in clear plastic wrap. So nothing needs to be recycled except the bottom piece of cardboard.

My problem is the mess that is still sitting there from yesterday. This person has been here almost a year now and consistently makes a mess (you don't even want to see the desk they work at and I know I don't want to see the house they live in!) I am tired of cleaning up after an adult at work!

They are payrolls that are left sitting in the printer for hours (sometimes even overnight for the cleaning people to see). If you aren't ready to assemble the payroll why print it?
  • Why are people still printing things on paper? Leave the information in the computer where it belongs.

It is - it is left on the computer printer. :mrgreen:
  • We do get the paper that is wrapped in a plastic type wrapper that is not recyclable, checks are wrapped in clear plastic wrap.
    In some areas, depending upon the type of plastic, those wrappings may be recyclable. Depends upon who is buying what which depends upon how much it costs to get it to where it can be processed.
  • Personally, I think if they started making the wrappers out of chocolate, there would not be a problem. :wink:
  • Personally, I think if they started making the wrappers out of chocolate, there would not be a problem. :wink:

Unless somebody actually left the wrapper close enough to the printer; then I would foresee a gazillion member ant army. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file