The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Too funny not to share!

edited June 2009 in Stupid Questions
I work in healthcare. I just received the following request from one of our employees:

"Would it be possible to get a new W2 I need to change my depends." :shock:

We are still chuckling over this!

Comments

• ROFLMFAO!!

Would it be inappropriate to search the sale papers to find a coupon for Depends to give the employee with his or her blank W-4?
  • I think "depends" are great - I use them all the time in my tax practice - Lawyers are notorious for using depends. Depends buy time and make one seem wise.

There is a story about the law school dean speaking to the graduating law school students at commencement who commented on how just three short years ago when a professor asked any of them a question, most responded with a timid "I don't know". Now at the end of their law school education, whenever asked a question, they now knew to respond with a firm and confident "It depends".

What I can't figure out is why confusing the W-2 and the W-4 is funny in the health care industry
    And does the FA in ROFLMFAO depend on depends? LOLFOCROFPP - so apparently this thread has produced some dependency on depends.
  • so apparently this thread has produced some dependency on depends.

Well, Patrick, it depends. :lol:
  • What I can't figure out is why confusing the W-2 and the W-4 is funny in the health care industry
    And does the FA in ROFLMFAO depend on depends? LOLFOCROFPP - so apparently this thread has produced some dependency on depends.
    Rolling
    On the
    Floor
    Laughing
    My
    Freakin'
    Arse
    Off!
  • Rolling
    On the
    Floor
    Laughing
    My
    Freakin'
    Off!
    OK so "Freakin'" followed by a four letter word that starts with "A" --- I had not thought of "Freakin'" - something a tad more mundane - and only three letters starting with "F" - but I suppose "Freakin'" could be more factually descriptive - but then I would not know since we are all actual - but the four letter "A" word? Not many that make sense - if any --
    Hmmm
    Audi?
    Ants?
    Aunt?
    Aveo?

Oh Oh -- I know - and it makes perfect sense
    Aura --- TA DA!!!!! some one has a Freakin' Aura

I'll bet it is Laura Borealis - she is not only bright but she positively glows......
  • I'll bet it is Laura Borealis - she is not only bright but she positively glows......

Um, I think it's Aurora Borealis. Laura is her younger sister.
  • Um, I think it's Aurora Borealis. Laura is her younger sister.
    Could be, but I know Laura - the only Aurora I know is a lady I met at the ball park - Aurora De'Kroud. I think that is Dutch rather than French - I met a lady at a music festival named Bertha De'Bleuse.
    I also know Laura Mercy - met her at church. She was with this really shady character named Stanton Deleavor.
  • Does this help clarify? LOL

buttchew.jpg
  • LAMO
    From my grade school Spanish class on, I have always thought that Llamo was spelled with two "L"s.

Then there is Ogden Nash and Lama, Llama, and Lllama.

Is this a Latin declinsion?
    Lama
    Lamo
    Lamas
    Lamum
    Lamorum
    Lametc?
  • Priceless! LMAO

Now, I have to clean coffee off of my monitor! :lol:
  • TechPay wrote:
    Now, I have to clean coffee off of my monitor! :lol:

Doncha just hate it when that happens? :lol: :P