The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Gift ideas

edited December 2007 in Stupid Questions
I'm looking for some original ideas for holiday gifts for coworkers. I can always get the same old bottle of wine, gloves, etc. but I'm trying to think of some alternatives (hopefully in the same price range). Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance!
«1

Comments

  • How about a gift card for a free dinner-Lettuce entertain you?
    Or gas/Movie cards?
  • I had a large department at my last managerial position, and most of them didn't make a whole lot, neither did I know many of them personally enough to get specific, so I wussed out and got Wal-Mart gift cards. $10 for staff and $25 for my supervisors.

    I was making a whole lot more money then. *sigh*
  • I know it seems too easy, but I get the Swiss Colony gift towers and break them up to distribute. Last year everyone got a package of cheese, sausage, and those little cakes in a nice box and I also gave them some homemade caramels that my sisters and I make every year.

    Maybe this belongs in the "Let off steam" folder, but sometimes I get a little frustrated at how unappreciative my employees can be sometimes. I worked hard on Payroll week appreciation gifts, and hardly any of them said thank you....

    Anyone else have this issue?
  • I can think of several gifts that i'd love to give to co-workers.
    Although, they'd probably be offended.

    Such gifts as a Muzzle or a pacifier. Or better yet, a can of deoderant!

    For those ideal co-workers, I'd get them a gift certificate or a desk accessory. A box of chocolates wont work, as that will ruin most of their New Years resolutions.

    Chris Lindstrand, CPP
  • I actually bought some cute frames last year in the after Christmas sale and thought I would give those out. The only question was... do I put a picture of myself in all of them :lol:
  • I buy scented candles for my coworkers. Now they have scented candles that look like the real thing but are battery operated. That's what I'm giving out as presents this year.
  • I give out a Christmas bag with a gift card and a candle. That is for the department and then for the bosses a stay with just a gift card to a restaurant and then one boss reads alot so he gets Barnes and Noble.
  • Battery operated candles??
  • Chris94066 wrote:
    I can think of several gifts that i'd love to give to co-workers.
    Although, they'd probably be offended.

    Such gifts as a Muzzle or a pacifier. Or better yet, a can of deoderant!

    For those ideal co-workers, I'd get them a gift certificate or a desk accessory. A box of chocolates wont work, as that will ruin most of their New Years resolutions.

    Chris Lindstrand, CPP

    That was just great!! I got a big kick out of your post. I can think of a few people who could use the items you suggested. It really made me laugh. It is really nice to see people don't lose there sense of humor at Christmas time. Happy Holidays to everyone.
  • Yep! Battery operated candles. Can you believe it? The candle is made with wax, vanilla scented and even has a wick that looks like it's been burned. There is a small flickering light inside the candle. It takes 2 C batteries to operate it. It's really cool looking when you turn it on. I got them from QVC.
  • Crazy, what will they think of next? :wink:
  • Mindy wrote:
    Crazy, what will they think of next? :wink:

    Beats burning your fingers with your lighter at the rock concert. :lol:
  • pattypa wrote:
    Beats burning your fingers with your lighter at the rock concert. :lol:

    I'm around Kansas City and most public places are non smoking....but do they even do that lighter thing anymore? You'll have to forgive me, the last event I went to was High School Musical on ICE and of course they sold the $20 light up gadgets!
  • JJacob wrote:
    pattypa wrote:
    Beats burning your fingers with your lighter at the rock concert. :lol:

    I'm around Kansas City and most public places are non smoking....but do they even do that lighter thing anymore? You'll have to forgive me, the last event I went to was High School Musical on ICE and of course they sold the $20 light up gadgets!

    Have no idea. I'm a product of the 60's. :cry: The last "rock" concert I went to was Paul McCartney in 1990-something. We still did it there, though, when he did "Hey Jude". :lol:
  • No now people bring out there cell phones and light them up. Gotta love technology.
Sign In or Register to comment.