The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Customer service to the extreme

edited October 2008 in Stupid Questions
We had an employee call us today and ask why we didn't make his truck payment. My processor said excuse me, what are you talking about. He said that the HR department told him that if he signed up for direct deposit that payroll could make his truck payment for him. We replied that he needs to work that out with his bank, we only send the money to the bank, we can't direct where it goes from there. He said well my truck payment is probably late now huh!!! This is right up there with the guy who wanted us to fax his check to him so he could get it faster and cash it!!!! DUH!!!

Comments

• Fax his check? :shock: :shock: :shock:

BWHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's probably the same guy :shock:
  • kimberlyc wrote:
    It's probably the same guy :shock:

probably not... if it was the same guy, that would mean there was only ONE really dumb person at Debwagn's company... and that would be just TOO good.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was 2 different people, as I'm convinced everyone becomes a total idiot when it comes to their pay check.
  • If an employee is an idiot in regards to their pay check is it not likely that they are also an idiot the rest of the time?

Not necessarily... we have some people here that are REALLY good at what they do. It's just when it comes to their payroll checks, they just don't get it.

We are in the process of rolling over to electronic payroll stubs for the corporate office, and I had to explain to a VP level, that yes, she will still receive a paper check, no matter what she marks on the form... we can't give her ONLY an electronic stub if she doesn't have direct deposit...
  • corrym wrote:
    [we can't give her ONLY an electronic stub if she doesn't have direct deposit...

Gee, ya think? Maybe she could just print it out and cash that. :roll: :roll:
  • The best part, is that the communication that went out stated specifically:

"This notice only applies if you currently participate in Direct Deposit"
  • corrym wrote:
    The best part, is that the communication that went out stated specifically:

"This notice only applies if you currently participate in Direct Deposit"

See, now there's your problem right there. You're expecting people to actually read the communication. :roll:
  • Why is that person on a "VP Level" still receiving a paycheck? :shock: Does she not understand the concept of direct deposit? :idea: Jeesh!
  • Its been my experience that the higher up the ladder one goes, the lower the IQ becomes. I guess they get so accustomed to everybody doing everything for them that they forget how to do anything.....how can I get signed up for that?
  • I think many people rise to the level of their incompetence.

I have also noticed that, at least around my company, the highest paid people are less likely to use direct deposit. They have other people to deposit checks for them (often me!).
  • And they probably do that just so they can show you how much more money they make than you do :shock:
  • We constantly have employees that do not understand direct deposit and are actually affraid of it. One employee for instance, continuosly puts his checks in his back pocket. Then weeks later he claims he was never paid. We have pretty much demanded that he get direct deposit and his response is "absolutely not!" So, for over a year we have had to call ADP and make sure the checks were not cashed and replace his checks. I thought I was smart to charge him for all replacements but he still never got on track and wouild lie to his supervisor and say that all the checks he received were put in the bank right away (which we can prove otherwise). Now, we make him sign a sheet and date it every time he gets a pay check (or he does jnot get his pay check!) When he signs-we will not replace the check if he loses it. Can you imagine my frustration? And he calls all the time!
  • CP wrote:
    Now, we make him sign a sheet and date it every time he gets a pay check (or he does jnot get his pay check!) When he signs-we will not replace the check if he loses it. Can you imagine my frustration? And he calls all the time!

I can, but 1) you cannot refuse to pay him and 2) if he files a claim for unpaid wages, I'll bet you dollars to donuts the DOL would order you to pay. Sometimes, you just have to live with the idjits. :twisted:
  • You could switch to pay cards... no more checks, pay card or direct deposit.

With Check21, shouldn't you be able to fax a check to an employee?