The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Title by my name

edited December 2008 in Stupid Questions
Why does it say Board Newbie by my name? I'm not part of the board that answers all of these hard questions. :D

Comments

• bkeysw wrote:
    I'm not part of the board that answers all of these hard questions. :D
    But you are part of the board, you're posting, aren't you? :)
  • Oh, okay. I didn't realize that WE are all part of "the board". I thought it meant - like a Board of Directors or something. Thanks for the clarification! :D
  • Is this a serious question? I really hope the poster was being facetious.
  • Is this a serious question? I really hope the poster was being facetious.

Possibly not - I was "corrected" one time when I called a "discussion board" a "Forum" (or the other way around - I don't recall) because we were using Web-CT and "Forum was a copyrighted term used by BlackBoard". My response was "I don't think so."

Anyway, I like the idea of that being a "title" - perhaps we can put initails after our names - mine would be Pat, AC

My last title when I worked for Gen Motors was Cost Impact Analyst - So I put the label "CIA" on the box where the Cost Impact Analyst's name would go on the cost study worksheets - My boss got really upset.

Since "CIA" also stands for Certified Interal Auditor" I suppose that we do have to be careful when using title initials.