The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

FPC

How good and useful is to attempt FPC , what is teh scope after certification and Anywhere else out of US are there any test centres

Wrote a mail to APA its beeen days no reply as of now

Comments

• If you're relatively new to payroll, the FPC is your first step. The CPP is the next step, but it requires verifiable experience of (I think) 3 years in payroll.

What else would you like to know?
  • I am Planning to attempt FPC this coming April So what are the benefits after passing thru the exam... and can u suggest me some Books which can help me to coem thru exam
  • IRS Publication 15. The APA's Payroll Source. Perhaps your employer will consider a small increase? Looks OK on a resume, as well. :D
  • Unless the APA has changed it - the required experience was five years, I believe...
  • jbunton wrote:
    Unless the APA has changed it - the required experience was five years, I believe...

Thanks, I couldn't remember, it had been so long. I got my CPP in 1988!!!!!!!!! :o