The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

PAYROLL SOFTWARE

Hi Guys, my employee population now stands at 2,237 consisting 3 Factories. I am still using MS Excel to run Payroll.
I spoke to my boss and I insisted that we get a Payroll Software, because the task now is very stressful and processing very tedious. I will need advice on which Payroll software is better more flexible to use and cost reasonable.?

bloggeramit

Comments

• Hello Dear,
    Yes, you are true! As an HR professional, I can understand your concern. the company where at the large scale of employees, it becomes more hectic to manage their payroll or performance-related concern. we are living in a digital era so it is possible to make easier such tasks based on technology.
    So from last 4 years i am using a payroll software which has been developed by HROne which is leading company based in Delhi NCR and can say very confidently it is the best software which i have been experienced.

• Sounds like you have a project. There are a lot of considerations that are specific to your situation and reasonable cost is relative. You also have to look at the relative benefits. Most off the shelf packages will handle payroll, but you also may want to consider integration with your timekeeping and general ledger systems (just to mention a couple of major ones). Then there is the issue of keeping everything up to date. That makes on-line systems attractive but you also have additional data security concerns. Third party providers are also an option and at the end of the scale is a Certified Professional Employer Organization (CPEO) which could have the advantage for your size organization of taking on both the tasks and the liability for a number of employer functions - in many cases this includes benefits administration as well as payroll.

You may want to start with an overview such as the KPMG survey -
    https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/human-capital/us-hc-payroll-operations-survey-summary-results-010715.pdf

It is a little old (2014) but it may give you an idea of what you may want to consider - Start with defining what it is that you want - check with others in the organization to see what the wants and needs might be - and features you may or may not need - both currently and in the future. Also check with whoever provides your accounting or enterprise software. There may be a payroll option.

Also check with the American Payroll Association, I am pretty sure they have studied this topic. And tax service/research organizations such as Bloomberg/BNA and Thomson Reuters frequently conduct studies. Also, check with your outside accounting firm (CPA?) - not always expert in payroll software options, but some are - in any event, there may be some experience or a preferred package. Just a caution - my tax practice is a general practice and if you ask a tax practitioner which tax preparation software is the best, the answer will be "The one I use." That is, if it did not meet the practitioner's needs and some other costs and benefits issues, the practitioner would be using something else.

The important thing is to first ask "What are the must haves and what would be nice to have?" Once you know that, you can start looking at relative costs and benefits of packages that meet your needs and may also provide some perks.

• StephenStephen
    edited August 12

Often it is hectic to manage the data of employees on paper and still many business rely on spreadsheets and paper based system to process payroll for their employees.
    I have been using https://uzio.com/ UZIO Payroll and HRIS to manage HR and Payroll for my company. It Provides complete business online payroll support on cloud, So now we dont have to worry about tax filings,benefits,workers compensation,leave management,time off tracking and much more.

Sean_richardson