The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

Payroll

Alex07Alex07 ✭✭
edited March 16 in Payroll Advice

review

Comments

• I think that payroll should have copies of all benefit plans and that they should read all benefit plans and ensure that payroll is following the actual benefit rules to the letter. This is something as payroll manager that I always did. I am not saying the HR does not have their own responsibilities but HR's failure to do THEIR job in no way mitigates payroll's failure to do their own job.

• Issuing the Stop-Payment
    Once the form is received, the employer notifies the bank that issued the paycheck to put a stop on it. This means that the check will not be honored if someone attempts to cash it. Typically, employers will wait until notification of the stop-payment before they will issue a new paycheck. Because banks charge a fee for stop-payments, some employers charge the same fee to the employee, especially if the employee was at fault for losing the check.