The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

E-3 visa renewal expenses

Employer would like to sponsor an employee's E-3 visa (it's actually a renewal) and the employee will need to go to a U.S. consulate outside of the U.S. to do it. Employer would like to cover the cost of the travel and application fees, but want's to know the tax implications to the employee and how they should go about this. Any help to provide guidance on regarding the tax implications and recommendation on how they go about it?

Sign In or Register to comment.