The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

HOW TO TRANSMIT ACH FILE TO BANK WEB PORTAL

Please is their anybody in the house that can give me a guideline on how to get the bank portal for the ACH text file to be uploaded

Comments

• d26kd26k ✭✭

Contact your bank for instructions on operating their system. You wil likely have to pester them to get to the right person.

• rrupertrrupert ✭✭✭

Yes, each bank is going to have a different portal/system (btw Chase's is TERRIBLE)..... But only your bank is going to be able to tell you how and get you setup.

• thanks everyone ...will contact my bank for the setup.....i was thinking maybe there could be anyway of transmitting without calling bank either by software or any web portal for it.....really appreciate everyone response

• d26kd26k ✭✭

Your bank will likely have no one who is willing or able to help - at least not without taking a hard line in demanding assistance. Most banks would rather lose you or steer you to their "own" payroll product (for commissions) than actually help you do what you want to do. The exceptions usually are the local.regional type banks, where a knowledgeable person is actually also at a branch, or if you generate enough income via your balances or services, enough they do not want to lose you.

If you prefer to handle ACH yourself, such as via a file you or your software creates, you can also consider using a third party processor (google search for them) which will take your file and drop it for you. The third party may be more expensive than your bank, but may be worth it. Some will also offer other online services, such as online [email protected] access for employees, and certain filings.

• rrupertrrupert ✭✭✭

It is definitely easier to Put money into accounts via ACH than to withdraw it (that's my experience with processing monthly gym payments from members anyway). You have to do things like put a specific $ amount down for a bond, etc. But we've not had to do that for payroll ACH transfers IN.