The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

How does HR/Finance/Payroll interact at your company?

Are they one department, separated, combined in some fun, different way?

Comments

• jadegurljadegurl ✭✭✭

HR and Payroll are separate departments but we both report to the CFO

[Deleted User]
  • Payroll is a part of Finance Department; separate from HR.

[Deleted User]
  • Payroll operates in a centralized shared service center and reports into Finance/CFO. HR and benefits are both decentralized and have a different reporting structure outside Finance.

• pfdtxpfdtx ✭✭

We're the same as rlouis. Although, when I started with the company payroll reported to HR.

• rrupertrrupert ✭✭✭

I am Payroll and HR and report to the COO/CEO as do Accounting/Finance. I do know that the Controller is the one who signs the payroll checks and reviews my payroll processing surrepticiously (Sp?) -- He thinks I don't know that he does, but honestly I am glad that he does. I've always preferred more review rather than less and would rather find a mistake quicker so it is easier to fix!

From an HR standpoint, I do "employee cost" reports to Finance annually for the budget and then update if large changes occur throughout the year.

• AntonioAntonio
    edited August 28

In my opinion, Finance is a part of payroll and HR is different.