The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

payroll software

jenmjenm ✭✭
edited November 2012 in General Payroll Topics
We currently process payroll in house on a home cooked payroll system.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good software package?
We looked at outsourcing and it was actually too costly for us.
We have about 1300 employees. Salary, hourly and piece work pay scales.
Have multi state taxation and multiple companies.

I would like to get out of the ice age green screens and find something more current.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• It would depend on what types of costs you are looking into.

If your in-house system has a lot of manual processes and duplication you may acutally be able to save the company money even if outsourcing costs more.

Elimination of duplication and automating may mean that someone does not need to spend a certain % of their time on payroll, they are freed up to do other things and be more efficient in other areas.

Just be careful that you do not automate and become so efficient that eliminate yourself.
  • I believe it is important to choose a payroll software depending on your business and how automated the Payroll Software is. These days it is really crucial to see whether the Payroll, HR and Benefits are in sync and saved at one place for every employee to minimize the manual work and save time.
    I have been using UZIO payroll since 2 years now and it is working really good for us.