The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

I'm normally a lurker, but I had to share this

edited September 2012 in Stupid Questions
voicemail from an executive on pay day:

I changed to a different bank last week but forgot to tell you about it. I have one of your direct deposit forms here. Am I supposed to fill it out and give it to you?

:roll:

Comments

• Did he ask where the money went ??
  • I like David's idea!

Since it was only his savings account with a partial going into it, he didn't seem too concerned. He just told me to re-issue it when I had time.
  • I could retire if I followed David's reasoning. :lol:
  • The air gets very thin at the top.

Especially when the top wasn't earned.

Our company is sinking in quicksand at an alarming rate (well, whats left after what has so far been sold off), and I had to spend lunch with our so-called President yesterday. I had to sit through numerous stories that started with phrases like "I took a handful of oxycodone" and ended with phrases like "and I woke up naked in the lobby of the resort 3 properties down from where I was staying."

He inherited a very profitable, very well respected company that his father built from the ground up. We are now hoping one last sale goes through before we end up in bankruptcy.

Its shameful.
  • sskrill wrote:
    The air gets very thin at the top.

Our company is sinking in quicksand at an alarming rate (well, whats left after what has so far been sold off), and I had to spend lunch with our so-called President yesterday. I had to sit through numerous stories that started with phrases like "I took a handful of oxycodone" and ended with phrases like "and I woke up naked in the lobby of the resort 3 properties down from where I was staying."

He inherited a very profitable, very well respected company that his father built from the ground up. We are now hoping one last sale goes through before we end up in bankruptcy.

Its shameful.

omg

That's really funy. Sad, but still funny.

I hope you're looking for your next job. I recently got out of a similar situation myself. I ended up with a better position and a significant increase in pay. Plus, I'm not stressed out everyday waiting for the next round of bad news.
  • wicked wrote:
    The air gets very thin at the top.

Its shameful.

Would have to agree,
    It's terrible that someone can so easily destroy something that took a lifetime to build.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file