The information posted on PayrollTalk is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, payroll, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant.

State W2c electronic filing requirements

hoping someone has a checklist with the threshold for filing W2cs electronically with each state. I can find the checklist for W2 filings for each state but have not found one for W2cs. Ex: NY - if you have more than 16 W2c forms for the year they must be filed electronically. We are in all 50 state + DC

Comments

• This is where I would suggest subscribing to one of the large payroll libraries, especially since you are in every state. It would be worth the cost!

• Agreed. These are APA, BNA, CCH and RIA. I have used BNA and CCH. It is a huge amount for work to keep something like this updated and perhaps not likely to expect someone to do it for free.

• We currently use BNA. Can find a very nice checklist for W2 electronic filling requirements and dues dates, etc. Just haven't come up with requirements for W2c. Am looking for the limits. EG: >25 W2c must be electronic,

Your continue support is appreciated.